Great Start to Quality supports programs and providers in Michigan by:
- Giving you a profile that can be personalized and used for marketing to show your program's success.
- Providing an unbiased assessment of care provided.
- Having a consistent set of program quality indicators to measure quality.
- Providing a roadmap for improving your program.
- Offering quality improvements supports that include coaching, consultation, training, professional development and workforce development.
- Giving you access to a local Great Start to Quality Resource Center with a lending library that has books, CDs and other learning materials.
Participating in Great Start to Quality provides you with the opportunity to apply for incentives, grants and additional bonuses to help you obtain necessary resources to provide the best care possible.
These incentives are made possible through Michigan's Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge grant. The goal of the grant is to increase the number of child care providers who are focusing on quality care and participating in Great Start to Quality.
Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) is a statewide scholarship program designed to help those working in the field of early childhood, whether it is in a center or at a family child care, meet their professional development goals and continue their education. The T.E.A.C.H. scholarship allows you to continue working, while helping cover most of the cost of your tution and books.
T.E.A.C.H. links education, compensation and committment to improving the quality of early education children are receiving. If you would like to learn more about the opportunities available to you through T.E.A.C.H. you can call them at 1-866-648-3224 or email them at TEACH@MiAEYC.org.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Michigan is a licensed program of the Child Care Services Association and is operated by the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children.