Great Start to Quality supports programs and providers in Michigan by:
- Giving you a profile that can be personalized and used for marketing to show your program’s success.
- Providing an unbiased assessment of care provided.
- Having a consistent set of program quality indicators to measure quality.
- Providing a roadmap for improving your program.
- Offering quality improvements supports that include coaching, consultation, training, professional development and workforce development.
- Giving you access to a local Great Start to Quality Resource Center with a lending library that has books, CDs and other learning materials.
Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) is a statewide scholarship program designed to help those working in the field of early childhood, whether it is in a center or at a family child care, meet their professional development goals and continue their education. The T.E.A.C.H. scholarship allows you to continue working, while helping cover most of the cost of your tuition and books.
T.E.A.C.H. links education, compensation and commitment to improving the quality of early education children are receiving. If you would like to learn more about the opportunities available to you through T.E.A.C.H. you can call them at 1-866-648-3224 or email them at TEACH@MiAEYC.org.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Michigan is a licensed program of the Child Care Services Association and is operated by the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children.
Want to participate?
By participating in the Great Start to Quality rating process, you will have additional resources and services made available to help you provide the best care possible. Participating will also allow your program to demonstrate its quality to families searching for care for their children.
What support do we offer?
Great Start to Quality has local resource centers across the entire State of Michigan. The Great Start to Quality Resource Centers are available to you for assistance with participating in the process, tools for improving your program’s quality and resources for you and the children you care for.