Great Start Collaboratives and Parent Coalitions
Parents, educators, caregivers, and early childhood stakeholders come together in their local Great Start Collaboratives and Parent Coalitions to solve problems, bring new resources to families raising young children, and raise awareness about the importance of early childhood to adult health and accomplishments. Parent Coalitions create opportunities for anyone parenting a young child to get involved in making their community a great place to raise a family.
- Great Start Collaborative of Charlevoix, Emmet & Northern Antrim Counties
- Great Start Collaborative of Traverse Bay
- Great Start Collaborative of Wexford/Missaukee/Manistee
Intermediate School Districts
Contact your Intermediate School District (ISD) if you have concerns about your child's development, would like to know more about what services are available through the ISD, and to apply for free preschool.
- Charlevoix, Emmet & Northern Antrim counties
- Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska & Leelanau counties
- Wexford & Missaukee counties
- Manistee County
Northwest MI Community Action Agency
Contact NMCAA for information about Early Head Start and Head Start programs in your county, and to enroll in free preschool. NMCAA also provides a variety of services that help families with budgets and tax preparation, find housing and make home improvements, and connect to food resources.