The Great Start to Quality Northwest Resource Center serves Antrim, Benzie, Emmet, Charlevoix, Kalkaska, Grand Traverse, Manistee, Leelanau, Missaukee and Wexford counties.
As your Great Start to Quality Northwest Resource Center, we want you to know we are here to support you!
- Professional Development for both providers and families.
- A free Lending Library that offers themed bins, curriculum, administrative books, books on child development, DVDs, gross motor items and more.
- Support from a Quality Improvement Specialist to help programs navigate Great Start to Quality, and support to families searching for child care and preschool that best meets their needs.
- Free on-site, individual consultation from a Quality Improvement Consultant to support home and center-based early learning programs in providing high-quality care to children and families.
- Professional learning communities for those that serve Infants and Toddlers. Groups meet to enhance and discuss effective strategies for best practice within their setting.
- Unlicensed Provider playgroups for those who care for children 0-3 years old. This group provides personal support, socialization, and training.
Quality Improvement Specialists
- Jen Rainey - serving Kalkaska & Grand Traverse counties
- Contact Jen at 231-267-8394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristina Bajtka - serving Benzie & Manistee counties
- Contact Kristina at 231-723-4542 or email@example.com
- Rachael Birgy - serving Grand Traverse and Kalkaska counties
- Contact Rachael at 231-384-0926 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Improvement Consultants
- Susan Chowen - serving Emmet, Charlevoix & Antrim counties
- Contact Susan at 231-582-8070 or email@example.com
- Paris Philo - serving Wexford, Missaukee & Manistee counties
- Contact Paris at 231-876-3387 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jen Rainey - serving Grand Traverse county
- Contact Jen at 231-267-8394 or email@example.com
Save the Date
Jeff Johnson will be the keynote speaker at the Early Childhood Summit on Saturday, September 23, 2017, in Kalkaska. For more information on thie event, contact any of the above Resource Center staff.