The Kent Resource Center provides Kent County families with the tools to find child care in the area. Located in Grand Rapids, our lending library is available to providers and families. The Ellison Die Cutting Rooms are available for providers’ use.
The Great Start to Quality Kent Resource Center serves Kent county, and is housed in the Kent ISD.
Kent Resource Center hours are Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends.
Services for Parents
- Help parents find child care and preschool by navigating the Great Start to Quality website to generate a referral list.
- Referrals to FREE 4 year-old preschool, Great Start Readiness Progream or Head Start programs.
- Get help paying for child care – Referrals to the Department of Health and Human Services to access child care subsidies.
- Lists of resources in Kent County that might meet the needs of individual families.
Services for Child Care Providers
- Professional Development trainings are offered through miregistry.org.
- Quality Improvement Specialists are available to assist child care providers and programs who want to participate in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Quality Improvement Consultants are available to provide support in improving and maintaining quality for those providers and programs participating in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Resources are available for license-exempt and licensed child care programs in our Lending Library.
- Technical Assistance is available for all providers via email or phone.
A Lending Library is available to you as a free educational resource for you and your children! The Lending Library is designed to encourage and enhance the learning experience at home, school, child care and preschool. To obtain lending library materials please contact your consultant and/or contact Great Start to Quality Kent Resource Center at 616-447-5678 or email email@example.com.
Community Partners & Resources
We work with many people and organizations in the community to provide you, your family and your program with the resources you need to help your family and children succeed.
There are professional development trainings available throughout the state. You can search for a training near you or about a specific subject through MiRegistry.
If you have additional questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
864 Crahen Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
877-614-7328 (toll free)
Follow us on social media!
For up-tp-date information about local happenings, free resources to add quality to your programs, marketing promotions and more, you can follow us on Facebook.