The Great Start to Quality Central Resource Center serves Clare, Clinton, Eaton, Gladwin, Gratiot, Ingham, Isabella, Midland, and Shiawassee counties. The Central Resource Center provides resources and services for Mid-Michigan child care providers and families that include:
- Assistance for improving child care or preschool settings.
- Information about professional development and training opportunities.
- A free Lending Library that offers themed bins, curriculum, administrative books, books on child development, DVDs, gross motor items, and more.
- Support from a Quality Improvement Specialist (QIS) to help programs navigate Great Start to Quality, and support to families searching for child care and preschool that best meets their needs.
- Free on-site, individual consultation from a Quality Improvement Consultant (QIC) to support home and center-based early learning programs in providing high-quality care to children and families.
- Connects families to information on Head Start and GSRP programs in Mid-Michigan.
The Central Resource Center’s Lending Library is a free educational resource for you and your children! The Lending Library is designed to encourage and enhance the learning experience at home, school, child care, and preschool.
- Theme based experience bins designed specifically to meet the developmental needs of infants and toddlers.
- Experience bins based on themes designed to promote the development of preschool and young school aged children.
- Story stretcher totes & CARES bags for infants and toddlers and for preschoolers.
- Books, CD’s, DVD’s, and curriculum materials for early childhood educators to use in planning and implementing quality improvements in child care centers, group, and family child care homes.
Along with our learning materials, our Resource Center provides information on Head Start programs and low-cost child care in Mid-Michigan.
Central Resource Center Staff
|Lansing Office||Midland Office|
|Barb Monroe, Program Director|
|Kim Clark, Organizational Lead|
|Ashley Wheat, QIC|
|Brenda Boyce, QIS|
|Kristen Osterhouse, QIS|
|Stefanie Shook, QIC|
|Sarah Martin, QIC |
|Amy Bond, QIS|
|Michele Peregord |
Community Partners & Resources
We work with many people and organizations in the community to provide you, your family and your program with the resources you need to help your family and children succeed.
There are professional development trainings available throughout the state. You can search for a training near you or about a specific subject through MiRegistry.
If you have additional questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
5700 Executive Drive Suite 2
Lansing, MI 48911
877-614-7328 (toll free)
337 Lemke St.
Midland, MI 48642