The Great Start to Quality Western Resource Center serves Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola and Ottawa counties.
A recent study of Michigan providers noted that "they love watching children learn and grow". We love watching you learn and grow. The field of early childhood is changing and we want to help you keep up with those changes.
We can support your learning and growth through:
- Local support groups for providers to network, learn together and share what is working.
- Training by experienced professionals that meets licensing and Great Start to Quality requirements.
- A Lending Library where you can check out screening tools, discovery bags filled with quality children’s books and other resources.
- A Quality Improvement Consultant who will help you develop a Quality Improvement Plan to work on those areas you would like to improve.
Benefits of participating in Great Start to Quality:
- Relationships with others who share your passion and also understand your day.
- Increased reimbursement from Child Development and Care subsidy for 2, 3, 4 and 5 Star rated programs.
- Free consultation at your location to support the changes you want to make.
- Information sent to you regularly about locally available trainings.
We can help you get started with Great Start to Quality. If you are working on your Self-Assessment Survey or your program profile, we would love to help!
If you would like to get connected to a support group, the lending library, a consultant or have questions, we would love to help!