Because the MiRegistry system is the foundation for Great Start to Quality STARS, a program and its staff must take the following steps in MiRegistry to access STARS and begin the rating process:
- Create a MiRegistry Account: The administrator or director of a program must create a MiRegistry account. If your program has staff, each person must also create a MiRegistry account.
- Become a MiRegistry Member: All program staff must become a MiRegistry Member by submitting an online application and sending in acceptable documentation for MiRegistry to verify an individual’s education history, qualifications, credentials, and professional development hours. Please note all staff must also have your program listed as their employer on their MiRegistry Profile / membership application.
Additional information about MiRegistry Membership:
- Membership processing can take 4-6 weeks. Individuals cannot edit (add employment or personal information) their profile during this time as MiRegistry is processing application information. If the program is already star rated, please consider this timeline prior to your rating expiring.
- Documentation: It is recommended that individuals request their official transcripts (if applicable) and send (email, fax, or mail) all professional development right after submitting their MiRegistry membership application. This can all be done on the same day, which will streamline the process. To learn more about sending documentation, download the Acceptable Documentation Policy guide.
- Employment: For Individuals completing their employment information, it is important to note that if the individual has more than one role (i.e. Director and Lead Teacher) each role must be added separately.
- Contact the local Great Start to Quality Resource Center for additional documentation specific to the organization type.
- Becoming an Approved Trainer: If a member of your staff offers training at your program, they should consider becoming a MiRegistry Approved Trainer. Individuals can apply to become an Approved Trainer at the same time they apply for MiRegistry Membership. To learn more about becoming an Approved Trainer, download the support guide.
- Membership Renewal: MiRegistry Members are encouraged to renew their membership on a yearly basis. For members that have an updated transcript or specific professional development hours they need verified sooner, they may renew their membership at any time. To renew, individuals must log in to MiRegistry and submit the online application and then send the corresponding documentation to MiRegistry.
- Self-Assessment Survey: Verified information individual staff have in MiRegistry, related to education and training, will transfer directly into the Self-Assessment Survey. This means the program's information will be in one place and will not have to be entered multiple times.