To build skills needed to work with young children and increase the quality of your learning environment, you can join a network of free Early Learning Communities (ELCs) that provide:
- Free and low-cost Child Development Associate (CDA) credential support opportunities.
- High-quality early childhood development classes developed by industry-leading curriculum experts help to build new skills needed to support children’s learning and growth. Leave class with ideas you can implement immediately. These professional development opportunities meet licensing requirements and many are directly applicable to indicators on the Self-Assessment Survey and Program Quality Assessment (PQA).
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities bring providers together to meet and discuss topics that impact the way we work with young children.
- Lending Libraries offer free, high quality resources to try in your program.
- Navigators provide valuable information about additional resources that can support you, your program and the families you work with.
- We can also come to you! Our staff is equipped to host trainings on-site at your center.
Early Learning Communities
These are the main locations for the Early Learning Communities, however classes and activities take place throughout the tri-county area! If you do not see your city, don’t worry! You can call 1-877-614-7328 for information about opportunities in your area.
Leaps and Bounds
8129, Packard Ave., Warren, MI 48089
(586) 619-9997 or (313) 402-0802
Oakland Family Services
114 Orchard Lake Road, Pontiac, MI 48341
2651 Saulino Court, Dearborn, MI 48120
(313) 400-6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the many other community partners who support the Wayne-Oakland-Macomb Resource Center by providing programming, training, space, technical assistance and more.
Oakland Schools: www.oakland.k12.mi.us/
Macomb Community College John Lewis Center: www.macomb.edu/community/conference-event-services/john-lewis-center.html
Wayne RESA: www.resa.net
Macomb Intermediate School District: www.misd.net
The Wayne-Oakland-Macomb Resource Center is proud to share these community resources.
If you or the children and families in your care need any of the following, call 2-1-1 for information about how to receive assistance:
- Utility or rent payment assistance
- Job search or placement assistance
- Health care
- Child care
- Housing or temporary shelter
- Prescription expense assistance
- School-related programs
- Free taxes preparation
Help Me Grow Michigan
The Great Start Collaboratives in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties, in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Education, offer the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), an online screening that examines children’s development in communication, fine motor, gross motor, problem-solving and personal-social skills. The ASQ is free to all children age 0 to 5 at www.helpmegrow-mi.org/asq/.
Great Start Collaboratives
- Oakland County – www.greatstartforkids-oakland.org/
- Wayne County – www.greatstartwayne.org/
- Macomb County – www.greatstartmacomb.org/