The Western Resource Center promotes the "Strengthening Families" framework to support families.
The Strengthening Families Protective Factors are:
- Parental Resilience - Be Strong, not stressed
- Social Connections - Get and give support
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development - Learn more so you can parent better
- Concrete support in Times of Need - Get help when you need it
- The Social-Emotional Competence of Children - Help your child manage feelings and relationships
All families go through times when they need more support. It may even be your family. There are resources in our region for support depending on your needs.
- 211-United Way
- Lake, Mason, Oceana Counties
- Mecosta, Osceola Counties
- Ottawa County
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services will give local county offices and their services.
Early On Michigan
- Offers early intervention services for infants and toddlers, birth to three years of age, with developmental delay(s) and/or disabilities, and their families.
Intermediate School Districts
The local Intermediate School Districts offer services for eligible children with special needs who are over 36 months.
- Mason, Lake, Oceana-West Shore Educational Service District
- Newaygo County
- Muskegon County
Check out other resources in your community. See what is available to support families and children locally.